10 videos (103 min), 3 essays (120 pages), and 4 practice sessions.
Sexological Bodyworkers help their clients to choose mindful practices that transform long-term habits, routine sex lives, feelings of shame, difficulties in arousal, lack of sensation and chronic disembodiment. Body-based practices like Orgasmic Yoga are surprisingly effective and efficient in helping clients have better sex.
Witnessing a client’s solo sex sessions is one of the most powerful practices utilized by Sexological Bodyworkers. Witnessing requires an attitude of acceptance and kindness and provides a fertile space for the student to notice what is happening in their own body. Non-judgmental witnessing is the foundation for all Sexological Bodywork sessions.
TEACHINGS EXPLORED IN COURSE TWO
- The intention of Sexological Bodyworkers is not to “fix” clients or solve sexual problems, but rather to help their clients have better sex.
- Even though our work is about fostering good sex, it is important to recognize the traumatic influences of religious upbringing, cultural norms and socioeconomic conditions on our clients’ sexual health.
- Betty Dodson’s approach to coaching masturbation: begin with an exploration of genital anatomy before clitoral stimulation with a Magic Wand.
- Introduction to Mindful Masturbation Coaching by Joseph Kramer (complete text)
- Arousal coaching involves: 1) awareness of the aliveness within 2) noticing any changes in our habitual ways of arousal and 3) exploring those changes with on-going practice.
- Body scanning may be the most important mindfulness process we can teach our clients.
- Daniel Siegel’s Wheel of Awareness body scan is explored because it brings attention to more dimensions of embodiment than most body scans.
- Skilled erotic coaches can discern the degree of sensory-motor amnesia (or genital numbness) in their clients by witnessing them masturbate.
- Masturbation coaching and masturbation witnessing are two powerful but very different modalities of Sexological Bodywork. And can be done over Zoom.
- Witnessing your clients masturbate helps them to break habits. Watch them with curiosity and unconditional acceptance, avoiding judgements and making no evaluations during or after the session.