16 videos (354 min), 4 essays (95 pages), and 4 practice sessions.
Sexological Bodyworkers work with a “code of ethics that prohibits sexual and romantic relationships between practitioner and client. Our professional education includes hygiene standards, anatomical knowledge, sensitivity to issues of gender and sexual orientation, practice with empowering vulnerable clients, intake and assessment procedures and commitment to client-centered care.” (From Sexological Bodywork teacher Caffyn Jesse). In all Sexological Bodywork sessions, erotic touch is intended to be for the benefit, learning and pleasure of the client.
“Virtually anyone, regardless of gender or sexual orientation, can become more aware of the anal area, learn to relax anal-rectal muscles and expand their capacity to enjoy whichever types of anal stimulation may be desired. Required, however, is sufficient motivation, a little patience, and a clear idea of how to proceed. Most important is the willingness to devote regular time and attention to anal exploration and to carry it out with calm persistence.” Anal explorations as described by Jack Morin, PhD., co-creator of Sexological Bodywork and author of Anal Pleasure and Health.
Some Sexological Bodyworkers work on the anal area as a metaphor for waking up the whole body. This can be true and effective when working with any part of body, but it is especially effective when working with the anal area because that part of the body is so often shut down and disassociated. Often, the results of anal work are incredibly powerful.
TEACHINGS EXPLORED IN COURSE THREE
- Sexological Bodyworkers create safety by encouraging clients to direct their own touch sessions.
- Intake and assessment include: Clarity about why clients have come to us and an agreement about what will take place during the session. Course Three presents five different intake templates.
- Impeccable hygiene protocols create safety for the client and the practitioner. Sexological Bodywork professional protocols include one-way touch, informed consent, confidentiality, and focus on the client’s bodily experience and not the practitioner’s.
- Knowing one’s Core Erotic Theme can be invaluable for understanding the motivations and passions of both the practitioner and the client.
- External anal massage (without entering the anus) offers a transformative, safe and pleasurable experience.
- Sensory-motor amnesia (the numbing of the neurology) is common in the anal area. This numbness is seldom contained and often extends to the whole pelvic area, negatively affecting sexual functioning.
- Jack Morin, author of Anal Pleasure and Health, offers step-by-step guidance for self-anal exploration.
- In six hours of video, Chester Mainard and other skilled anal practitioners demonstrate solo and partnered, external and internal anal massage to guide your practice and learning.
- The interruption of pleasure by shame is indicative of the inability to maintain mindful attention during sexual experiences, either solo or partnered. The practices and teachings in this course assist individuals in maintaining mindful attention during sex.
- Anal Mapping is a contemplative touch practice that brings awareness and sensation to the tissues of the anal canal, rectum and prostate. This pleasurable practice helps the receiver to train their placement of attention.